Tips for improving your home or off-campus internet connection
Banka Doitung ClubIf you are experiencing slow internet issues at your home, apartment, or other off-campus site, please try the following tips to improve your internet experience.
Know the level of speed purchased from your internet provider
- Internet providers offer a variety of speeds ranging from very slow (5mbps) to very fast (1000mbps)
- The website is one of many sites you can use
- Speeds will not exactly match purchased speed but should be close
- 802.11ac is the standard for today’s routers. Older wireless standards such as 802.11n or 802.11g may provide speeds slower than your Internet connection
- Check for updates for Zoom and other clients frequently
Reduce traffic on your connection
- If on a shared internet connection, avoid Netflix and similar streaming services while others sharing the Internet are doing Zoom calls
- Reboot your computer, wireless router, and modem as a first step if internet problems occur
- Contact your internet provider with additional assistance with slow Internet experiences.